[coreboot] Military/Industrial Embedded market and coreboot

Антон Кочков anton.kochkov at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 14:56:08 CEST 2011

Good day!
Anyone hear about VME and VMEbus? That was common standard for
military, industrial and aerospace applications
And that was standard without x86. In the early 2000 VITA group
announced new successor of VME - OpenVPX (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VPX )
And now, VPX computers market full of x86 platforms.
I think coreboot in this market can bring more advantages for
customer, than in desktop/claster pc.
And no one on the market hear/wonder about coreboot.
I think at least they need to know about.

There many magazines, conferences. What if write article or go to some
exhibition/conference?

See links:

Submit article: http://opensystemsmedia.com/submit/news
(for magazines http://www.mil-embedded.com/ and