[coreboot] ASRock e350m1: network problems

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Jul 22 01:04:24 CEST 2011

perh52 at runbox.com wrote:
> On the ASRock E350M1 I see slow data rates (<=10% of full rate) for
> incoming data transfers using the onboard gigabit NIC. There are
> kernel log messages like
>
> r8169 0000:03:00.0: eth0: link up
> NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08
>
> repeated 10 times, followed by messages like
>
> net_ratelimit: 75 callbacks suppressed

Start by comparing interrupt setup and interrupt rates with factory BIOS.

Then drill all the way down through the five-six groups of registers
that are relevant for interrupt handling in the hardware and compare
differences selectively based on ideas gathered from initial behavior
comparison. Write patch. Receive thanks! :)

//Peter