[coreboot] Coreboot on the Thinkpad T61p ?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jul 16 19:55:50 CEST 2011

Patrick Arnoux wrote:
>> we don't have any documentation for the i965 (crestline) Memory
>> Controller
>
> Not sure if this is the relevant document,
..
> Mobile Intel® 965 Express
> Chipset Family
> Datasheet

It isn't. This is only a shallow overview of the chipset. The
neccessary documentation requires two levels of NDAs with Intel
which in turn requires a solid business case. Further, having access
to the right application engineers within Intel during development
can easily make the difference of several man-months of forward and
reverse engineering, trial and error and guesswork. (Ie. the NDAed
docs are also not exhaustive.

//Peter