[coreboot] ASRock e350m1 problems

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Fri Jul 8 01:26:06 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Tadas Slotkus <devtadas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thank you all for the quick reply.
>
> > If the DIMMs work with the production BIOS but not with your BIOS, it is
> > possible that you are using low cost modules that do not have a valid
> > SPD checksum. The coreboot project is configured to validate the SPD
> > checksum, while the Asrock production BIOS is configured to ignore the
> > SPD checksum. To test your coreboot using the DIMM SPD checksum ignore
> > option, change BLDCFG_IGNORE_SPD_CHECKSUM in buildopts.c and try it that
> > way.
> >

> I just tried that with fresh new tree, but the output remains the same.
> (except build timestamps...).
>
> The RAM is one dimm:
> PATRIOT PSD32G13332H Desktop Memory Device Signature Line (DDR3
> SDRAM,2GB,1333MHz(PC3-10600),CL9,256 x 64,DIMM 240-pin,Unbuffered)

Just to completely rule out the bad SPD idea, can you please dump the SPD
content when you boot with the production BIOS? i2cdump output (ASCII) or
raw output from sysfs would be great. Then we can plug it into bc and
confirm that the checksum is correct. This would also be a good way to
confirm that the SPD addresses are correct in Coreboot, and rule out the
possibility that ASRock changed SPD addressing between board revisions...

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.