[coreboot] ASRock e350m1 problems

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Thu Jul 7 08:04:08 CEST 2011

Tadas Slotkus wrote:

]Hi,
]
]just compiled coreboot for e350m1, flashed original flashchip and got
]this (log attached) everytime I power on or reset my system. Any hints?

Hello Tadas,

AMD.h shows "EventClass = 2" corresponds to AGESA_BOUNDS_CHK, a warning
that does not prevent booting. This is related to memory allocation, as
Frank pointed out.

Your log file stops with:
EventLog:  EventClass = 7, EventInfo = 4011c00.

"EventClass = 7" is an unrecoverable error, according to amd.h. Searching
the source code for 4011c00 finds:
#define MEM_ERROR_NO_DIMM_FOUND_ON_SYSTEM 0x04011C00 ///< No DIMMs have been
found

I assume you have DIMMs installed, and the production BIOS confirms they
are good. Though I believe the SPD addressing is correct for both slots,
testing both single DIMM configurations is worthwhile.

If the DIMMs work with the production BIOS but not with your BIOS, it is
possible that you are using low cost modules that do not have a valid
SPD checksum. The coreboot project is configured to validate the SPD
checksum, while the Asrock production BIOS is configured to ignore the
SPD checksum. To test your coreboot using the DIMM SPD checksum ignore
option, change BLDCFG_IGNORE_SPD_CHECKSUM in buildopts.c and try it that
way.

Thanks,
Scott