[coreboot] missing read_resources for CK804

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Jan 28 15:02:58 CET 2011

On 01/27/2011 10:26 AM, Joseph Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 07:02:04 -0700, Myles Watson<mylesgw at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Joseph Smith<joe at settoplinux.org>
> wrote:

>>> I based it on the Asus A8N-E. The only differences are:
>>>
>>> 1. A8N-E supports 1 Athlon64 dualcore CPU, My board (Asus K8N-DRE)
>> supports
>>> 2 Opteron dualcore CPU's
>>> 2. SuperIO's are different.
>> I would think that there is a board that's more similar, then, but I'm
> not
>> sure.
>>
>>> But besides that, all the rest of the hardware is the same as far as I
>> can
>>> tell.

>>> I have no idea how can I tell?
>>> Is there a way to tell what HT link it is on with the factory bios?
>> There are a couple of ways.  lspci from the factory BIOS is probably
>> the easiest.  There are a couple of registers that would tell you.
>>
>> Try:
>> sudo lspci -xxx -s 18.0
>>
>> Then look at the line that starts with e0:
>>
>> mine is:
>> e0: 03 00 00 03 03 01 40 40 ...
>>
>>  From the BKDG:
>>
>> Configuration Base and Limit 0–3 Registers Function 1: Offset E0h, E4h,
>> E8h, ECh
>>
>> Remember that the byte order is little endian, and my registers are:
>>
>> e0 03000003 - bus 0-3 on node 0 link 0 rw enabled
>> e4 40400103 - bus 40-40 on node 0 link 1 rw enabled
>>
> It is acually device 18.1.
> Factory bios 0xe0=0x5000103, 0xe4=0,0xe8=0,0xec=0.
>
> So that means I have - bus 0-5 on node 0 link 1 rw enabled
> And that is it. So now do we tell coreboot about it?

So I just wanted to report back that I got it. I am not sure if this is
correct but this is what works. I had to add a extra device 18.0 to my
devicetree.cb (Attached) so it looks like this:

     chip northbridge/amd/amdk8			# Northbridge
       device pci 18.0 on end			# Link 0 == LDT 0
       device pci 18.0 on			# Link 1 == LDT 1
         chip southbridge/nvidia/ck804		# Southbridge

Also attached is the working bootlog.

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith