[coreboot] [OT] What can I delete in commercial bios if I'm running Linux

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jan 13 14:24:17 CET 2011

Kfir Lavi wrote:
> Currently the bios loads in 22sec, and we would like to get it to ~3sec.
> I know that the commercial bios have roms that can be deleted.

I don't think you can succeed with this goal.

> What is safe to ask the board/bios manufacturer to delete from the bios.

Come on, how can you possibly get any advice about that out of thin
air? *You* must do some profiling, and determine *your* requirements.
Maybe together with AMI. But that is usually very slow and very
expensive.

You would probably be much better off switching to a board that
coreboot supports.

//Peter