[coreboot] [OT] What can I delete in commercial bios if I'm running Linux

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 12:32:55 CET 2011

2011/1/13 Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm in an embedded Linux project, and the board is Intel based with AMI
> Bios.
> Currently the bios loads in 22sec, and we would like to get it to ~3sec.
> I know that the commercial bios have roms that can be deleted.
> What is safe to ask the board/bios manufacturer to delete from the bios.
> Currently the bios has:
> usb
> vga,lvds
> intel ethernet
> sata
> ide

I'm not a BIOS expert, but I'm sure, I could give a correct  answer.

It depends on your requirements. For example, I have one PC which is
booted by network (PXE). Also my primary way to setup a new machine is
to use USB-flash as the boot-device (and images from
boot.fedoraproject.org).

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.