[coreboot] dmesg of a board which hangs at somewhere

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.cat
Mon Jan 10 14:26:39 CET 2011

On Mon 10/01/11 06:59 , "Bao, Zheng" <Zheng.Bao at amd.com> wrote:

> I boot my board (Fam10/RS780/SB700) with coreboot. Sometimes it hangs at
> a place where it seems to a multi-core initialization. Before I debug
> this, could anyone give me a hint?

What CPU revision is this ? HY-D1 ? I think there's not even a constant
in amddefs.h for it ?

The last message seems to be from fidvid.c stage 2 .
I'm very slowly looking at this code and it seems to be revision C3 and possibly
others may be only half supported. In BIOS and Kernel Developer Guide
2.4.2.6 (IIRC) There are a dozen requirements and I'm looking at the code
little by little to see if coreboot does it all. I've found or added code to fulfil the
first 5-6 but I suspect the other half may not be performed or not completely,
and it may depend on the CPU revision (some steps are noops for some revisions).
What I have is sychronized with svn from some weeks ago and it may not
even compile, and it's also ugly and full of silly notes in comments, and not tested.
But I have little time for it so it'll take me a long while to finish if I ever do.