[coreboot] Support for Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe

Michael Cassaniti m.cassaniti at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 00:56:46 CET 2011

On 6 January 2011 00:59, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> Michael Cassaniti wrote:
> > Board Product Name: M2N-SLI Deluxe
> > CPU Model: AMD Athlon 64FX, Socket AM2
> > Northbridge: Nvidia nForce 570 SLI
> > Southbridge: Nvidia MCP55
> > Link to specifications:
> > http://www.asus.com.au/product.aspx?P_ID=szSFtrap7crpBaQE
> >
> > Attached are the outputs of lspci, superiotool and flashrom.
> >
> > I noticed that a similar board (Asus M2N-E) is supported. I was hoping
> > that porting to this board would not require major rework.
>
> Give it a go. You may be lucky and it may be very simple. But keep in
> mind that there is absolutely no documentation available for the
> NVIDIA chipset, so if you run into trouble doing this then there's
> not much help to get.
>

> //Peter

My next question, how to proceed with fitting another LPC BIOS? I am under
the impression that I can source any LPC BIOS chip to replace substitute my
current one, use AWG30 wiring to connect the new chip over my current chip,
and connecting the OE# pin of both to a switch of some sort.

The difficutly is that LPC runs at 33MHz, and the chip is a 32-pin VSOP. I
am not sure what mode (FWH/LPC) the device operates in when booting. This
may help to eliminate some connections if using LPC mode. There is mention
of an A/A Mux mode, but I believe this is used for an EEPROM programmer, not
a computer (normally).

Looking more closely at the data sheet, it may be possible to tie some pins
to a fixed logic voltage (e.g.: TBL#, WP#, IC, possibly GPI pins, R/C#, AD
pins). Any help suggesting how to proceed with retrofitting a second BIOS
chip to the board would be very helpful.

Regards,
Michael Cassaniti