[coreboot] [RFC] Converting W83977TF early serial from included to linked

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 20:23:38 CET 2011

On 02/28/2011 08:00 PM, Keith Hui wrote:
> given earlier buzz suggesting we leave non-CAR boards behind?

There was no buzz. Just an idea I sent to the list that no one seemed
interested in :(.

To try to answer your question, switching early_serial from included to
linked is exactly what I tried to do with the F81865F. You know my
opinion on the matter, but I can't speak for everyone. If you just want
your patch to be discussed, I guess it's OK to leave some boards broken.
If you want it included, and it breaks non-CAR, you will have to check
with the others.

I hope this answers your question.

Alex