[coreboot] Coreboot for AMD Fusion family 14h: ASRock E350M1

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Thu Feb 24 05:03:32 CET 2011

The attached patch gets coreboot going on the ASRock E350M1 board.
This is an AMD family 14h Fusion board I bought for US $120, including
processor. The video option rom is from the supplied UEFI BIOS.

The patch modifies the persimmon project and is for development use,
not for commit. With this patch it can boot DOS from a SATA drive.
It can also boot WinPE from a USB flash drive. I was unable to get
Windows setup to run.

The board has a socketed SPI flash BIOS chip and a serial port
header. The SIO is Nuvoton NCT5572D. Using coreboot's existing
Winbond w83627hf is a good enough match to at least get the serial
port and keyboard going.

Here are pictures of the board:
http://notabs.org/pictures/ASRock-E350M1/

Thanks,