[coreboot] HP Proliant dl145 g3 Can't read Boot disk

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Feb 22 00:45:27 CET 2011

Hi Jay,

I'm CC'ing the list.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 05:22:19PM -0500, jarray52 jarray52 wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Here is the output of lspci -vvv.
>
> http://coreboot.pastebin.com/PxF6JdKT
>
> Currently, there is one SATA hard disk attached to an on board SATA
> connector. The machine does not have any other hard drives attached. The LSI
> SAS controller has been removed from the HP Proliant dl 145 g3 server.

Thanks.  The lspci shows:

01:0e.0 RAID bus controller: Broadcom BCM5785 [HT1000] SATA (Native SATA Mode) (prog-if 05)

So, the device doesn't use a standard class code.  Does anyone know if
it accepts standard ATA or AHCI commands?  If so, SeaBIOS could be
hardcoded to try and use the device.

> I sent two E-mails to the mailing list. The other E-mail I sent to the
> mailing list contains the errors when the LSI SAS controller is attached.

The second email - the one with the SAS controller - did not have
debug level set to 8.

-Kevin