[coreboot] [superiotool] patch for smsc mec1308

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Thu Feb 17 05:43:24 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <
c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> > Clearly the FDC37M81x has support now. Should we just leave
> > both of them enabled?
> >

> That, or maybe we can use some ID/revision field (or something
> documented to be zero on one chip and documented to be 1 on the other
> chip) to differentiate between them?

I couldn't find a FDC37M81x datasheet with those details, and the code
documents global register 0x21 as NANA.

I kinda brushed it off as one area where superiotool probably needs more
sophisticated probing methods.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <
c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> No problem, I was just surprised by the reasoning. You did explain it,
> and the good thing is that you can test any further differentiators for
> the code.

The ITE code uses a 16-bit identifier for this info... I wish the SMSC code
could do the same :-/

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.