[coreboot] [superiotool] patch for smsc mec1308

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Thu Feb 17 02:38:35 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <
c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Auf 17.02.2011 01:11, David Hendricks schrieb:
> > Attached is a patch to add support for the SMSC MEC1308 embedded
> controller.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the device ID it conflicts with another SMSC Super IO
> chip,
> > the FDC37M81x. However, since superiotool does not really support the
> > FDC37M81x in any really useful capacity, I think it's fair to just
> disable
> > it for now.
> >

> Unless I'm mistaken, this patch brings the MEC1308 to the level of
> support the FDC37M81x had before your patch. I was just looking at the
> line count per chip, so maybe there is some key information I'm missing.
> Could you please enlighten me what "not really supported" means in this
> context? Thanks!

Huh, odd... I actually wrote the patch over a year ago, and was probably
using the obsolete branch (before it got put back into
coreboot/util). Clearly the FDC37M81x has support now. Should we just leave
both of them enabled?

(apologies for the hasty commit, i had an immediate use case)

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.