[coreboot] Free (possibly recoverable?) Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H

Benjamin Cook mail at benjamincook.ca
Mon Feb 14 22:56:34 CET 2011

Hello all,

I recently made my first attempt at installing coreboot. I happened to
mess up. While trying to jump across the appropriate pins to engage
DualBIOS recovery, my jumper slipped and I shorted out. The mainboard is
not completely broken. It succeeds at progressing to the point where the
backup BIOS engages and tries to rewrite the main BIOS, but the system
reboots during the rewrite.

I've been speaking with mrnuke on the IRC channel and he mentioned two
things: 1) There might be some clever strategy to recover the board, and
2) even if I'm not interested in trying that, someone in the community
might be.

I am open to either outcome, though I don't have a lot of time to spend
on option 1. I am willing to ship at my own expense if someone thinks
that they can use this board to further the project.

--Ben Cook, aka Canar on IRC.