[coreboot] coreboot support/port for Asus M3A78-EM matherboard?

SAL-e sal_electronics at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:37:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have old Asus M3A78-EM [1] board inside my HTPC. I'm looking to
speed up the boot process of my HTPC. I have heard that coreboot can
boot directly into Linux or GRUB. I checked the supported list and
found out that my board is not on the list, but at the same time I see
that very similar board Asus M4A78-EM [2] is on and supported well. So
I am wondering how difficult and how much work wold be required to
port coreboot to my board.

Secondary question would be if I have to upgrade my HTPC witch board
would be better for using with coreboot: Intel i3-2100T based system
or AMD E-350 based?

Thank you,
SAL-e

[1] http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M3A78EM/
[2] http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M4A78EM/

PS. Please replay directly or CC in your reply to me, because I am not
member of the list yet. 10x