[coreboot] Do they preinstall coreboot from factory already ?

xdrudis xdrudis at tinet.cat
Wed Aug 24 22:43:27 CEST 2011

I've just seen these news about a new vehicle PC with
5 seconds boot time thanks to coreboot, but there is
no information on pricing, software (if any, maybe it
is sold without hard disks ?) or firmware (apparently
they would ship it with coreboot, but the datasheet
does only say "supports AMD Coreboot technology",
which might mean that the user can install it and
it should work, although I'd think it's more likely
to mean it comes preinstalled.

If so it may even be tempting. Pity my only vehicles
are bicyles and I'm not sure what to use the 1.5 kg
+ disks + screen+ power source for while riding...
I guess you can also use it at home, but I wonder about
the price (no , I'm not going to ask them because I
wasn't thinking of buying a new computer now, but I'm curious).

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Portwell-PCS8277/

http://www.portwell.com/products/detail.asp?CUSTCHAR1=PCS-8277#order

In any case, congratulations all, it looks like another
milestone.

Time to start a new section in the web about "where to buy?"