[coreboot] flaschip (and compatibles)

Oliver Schinagl oliver at schinagl.nl
Thu Aug 18 17:12:04 CEST 2011

Hey list,

I want (in the far? future) play with coreboot on my new board, an Asus
M5A97 (900 series amd chipset) thing. Having it not even build into my
case yet, I was wondering if you guys know what a compatible flash chip
is. I have an 8 legged little socketable chip on here, with the
following markings:

MXIC
b111376-12G
MX25L3206EPI
3F204500

So far I found the best results from google with the MX25L3206EPI
labeling but the few links I got where mostly in chinese and the
datasheet links where the 'pay' kind.

Any pointers what I can ask for when I go to my local hardware store so
I can order 3 or 4? Shouldn't be too expensive right? Anything in
NL/BE/DE I suppose would work best :)