[coreboot] Marketing: Please send stories/news about coreboot to the list.

Marshall Buschman mbuschman at lucidmachines.com
Thu Aug 18 17:11:33 CEST 2011

On 08/18/2011 04:17 AM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear coreboot folks,
>

> I would welcome it, if you could send a short message to this list, if
> you publish something about coreboot.
>
> Reading a blog post about the ASRock E350M1/USB3 I could not resist to
> comment and mention coreboot. One image/movie says more than a thousand
> words and therefore I searched for a demo on YouTube.
>
> I was surprised to find the demonstration »Coreboot - 9.6sec from
> poweron to XBMC« [2] created by Marshall.
>
> It would be great if you could inform this list about such
> demonstrations so people can use it for “marketing” or just tell their
> friends about this.
>
> I hope you developers do not mind about such messages. I guess with a
> descriptive subject line people not interested can just delete such
> messages.
>
> By the way, Marshall, could you give more information about your setup,
> like the distribution, the XBMC version and the init system, and maybe
> even publish your flash image.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>

> [1] http://tanguy.ortolo.eu/blog/article22/efi-boot
> [2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IntsDeX_s1M
Absolutely. I've actually done significantly more since that youtube video.
My documentation is currently in the form of notes, and I'm working on
collecting them into something like a howto, or at least a more detailed
description of my goals and how they're being achieved at the moment.
I'll let you know when I have something I can share! :)

Thank you!
-Marshall Buschman