[coreboot] Where to buy flash/BIOS chips? (Is the FAQ enry still up to date?)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 18 11:35:06 CEST 2011

Dear coreboot folks,

unfortunately people still need to/should buy BIOS/flash chips when
trying out coreboot.

Could you please comment if the FAQ entry »Where can I buy BIOS chips
(empty or pre-flashed)?« is still up to date.

It lists some stores in Germany, the UK and the USA.

1. Could you recommend stores in other countries like France, Czech
Republic, Sweden, … or local stores in cities like Berlin?

2. Could you share your experience what stores should be preferred when
buying different quantities like 1, 5 or 10?

3. Could you think of a way to bring interested people together to buy
BIOS/flash chips? Like if there are five interested people in Berlin
each wanting two chips, could we bring them together or should one just
send a message to the list?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ#Where_can_I_buy_BIOS_chips_.28empty_or_pre-flashed.29.3F