[coreboot] git help: I can't get my whitespace cleanup in!

Keith Hui buurin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:41:12 CEST 2011

I'm trying to get this back in after we switched to git:

http://review.coreboot.org/122

All seems good except some whitespace fixes. Making the fix is easy,
submitting it through git is where I need help.

Problem is I can't seem to get correct the sequence of commands. Right
now I would...

git clone...
make gitconfig
Do the cleanup
git add the files
git commit
git rebase -i master
git push origin

and now I don't know if I have done it right. At one time gerrit
rejected my submit, on next try the second submitted is identical to
the first. Another problem is a few other commits gets merged into
master in the meantime and it wants me to merge them in my local
before accepting my push, which is making me feel lost.

At this point should i expect an incremental commit with the original,
submitted commit being the parent? How do I make sure gerrit know this
is for the same Change-Id?

I'll admit before this I have never used git, and yes, I have read the
few sites about this.

Thanks for your help.