[coreboot] [patch] update ddr3 max frequency

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 02:31:25 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de> wrote:
> Am 26.04.2011 15:59, schrieb Marc Jones:
>> We found this with some testing at BTDC. This patch sets max freq
>> defaults for ddr2 and ddr3for fam10. It may be overridden by a
>> developer setting it in romstage.c.
> Please find a better place for that. This way of doing things relies on
> us including code fragments from romstage.c.

I don't understand what you mean about including code fragments from
romstage. It is for memory setup and only used in romstage.

> If it's actually necessary, please put it in northbridge/amd/amdfam10's
> Kconfig as a hidden option (ie. no UI strings).
> I'd love to see Kconfig options reduced as well, but where we need to
> configure stuff, we have a configuration mechanism around, so we don't
> have to abuse our current code layout for that anymore.

I thought about a kconfig setting, but that seems to abuse kconfig.
It isn't a feature, so much as an setting override.  If we want to put
items like in kconfg, we should do it for all the items in mcti.h.
This can also get a little strange as the options start to rely on
other kconfig settings.

> (CONFIG_DIMM_SUPPORT & 0x000F)==0x0005

Marc

--