[coreboot] Intel 82541pi network card does not work on ASUS M2V-MX SE

Jiang Wang jwangzju at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 23:56:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

I tried to use an external PCI network card ( 8254pi) with m2v-mx se
mother board. However, the booting process hangs. On the screen, it
shows, "Chrome VGA textmode initialized", and stops there.

The serial console output is attached.  Is this the NIC option rom
problem or coreboot problem? Any workarounds? I need to use a network
card supported by e1000.ko on Linux. If I try to get a different model
of NIC supported by e1000, does it help? Thanks!

Regards,

Jiang