[coreboot] Gigabyte GA AMD E350N USB3 Board

Marek mlf.conv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 16:07:50 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

On 12.4.2011, at 15:08, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> Marek wrote:
>> with regards to recent AMD patches,
>
> Note that the patches did not include support for your mainboard.
>

>> I'd like to ask whether it would be possible to install coreboot on
>> Gigabyte GA AMD E350N USB3 board
>> (AMD E350, chipset FCH A50 Hudson M1, iTE 8720).
>
> The answer is, as always, no it will not work unless you make it work.
>
> The final piece of the puzzle, mainboard support, is still missing,
> but all the other 4999 pieces have been put in place for you by AMD
> and the rest of the coreboot community.

thanks for your answer, I'm fully aware of the situation, my question was more directed to people (if there are any) who own that MB, perhaps work on coreboot support, or have considered it and abanonded it in the initial phase or even made progress but were unable to continue due to various circumstances. No answer most likely means that there isn't anyone who owns this board so far, so I just pushed all information I could find out without buying that board in case someone wants to buy one and add coreboot support for it.

Marek