[coreboot] FrontRunner and OLPC memory type?

Nils njacobs8 at hetnet.nl
Sat Sep 25 21:22:35 CEST 2010

Hi Ron and other readers,
I waited a bit with answering because i hoped to get some more opinions...
Op zaterdag 25 september 2010 00:05:29 schreef u:
> The OLPC question is a little tricky. I have several btest boards and
> ... the dram on each one is different, with different timings. Two of
> them have custom dram timing settings (it's a long story).  This
> target is going on 5 years old and I think it ought to be yanked --
> anyone have one? It's a real distraction and I don't see the point in
> keeping it on when it just confuses people.
>
> same for rev_a. I just don't see the point, given that if you have a
> board, you're not supposed to :-)
>
> ron
As the OLPC btest and rev_a GX2 targets were only prototypes that never
went in to production i am fine with removing them.
Another option might be to include the 3 different SPD tables and make a
kconfig option to chose the DRAM type.
If there is interest i could try integrate that in my patch.

How do others think about it?

Nils.