[coreboot] First coreboot build for Tyan s2895 K8WE mobo with seabios payload, computer starts, but graphical ubuntu 64bits is crashing

STEMMELIN, FREDERIC (FREDERIC)** CTR ** frederic.stemmelin at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Sep 17 09:36:42 CEST 2010

> The seabios web page has links to prebuilt binaries. You
> could start off using one of these known-good seabios
> binaries to eliminate unknowns.
I will do it. I built my own seabios as i saw that the prebuilt version has a size of 1MB, and previous revision only around 100KB, that's why.
I will give it a try and let you know.

> If you see the F12 message on the connected monitor, then
> a suitable video bios has been found and used.
Good to know.

> By the way, I have this exact board sitting on the shelf.
> If I can dig up a suitable power supply, I might give it
> a try.
It would be a good idea, but only if you have time and i have many things still to try to get this board working with coreboot, and i have good hope.
I didn't had time to check system logs for example.

Cheers,
Frédéric

]The build seabios (bios.bin.elf) is about 1MB in size...,

The seabios web page has links to prebuilt binaries. You
could start off using one of these known-good seabios
binaries to eliminate unknowns.

]I didnt put VGA bios so far into the coreboot.rom.

If you see the F12 message on the connected monitor, then
a suitable video bios has been found and used.

By the way, I have this exact board sitting on the shelf.
If I can dig up a suitable power supply, I might give it
a try.

Thanks,
Scott