[coreboot] [help] A K8/RS780/SB710 board MCE error

Liu Tao liutao1980 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:53:06 CEST 2010

On 9/16/10, Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't worked with K8 is a while, but it seems like this could be a
> real CPU problem. Do you have another CPU to test with? The other
> possibility is that there is a missing errata or workaround for your
> CPU. You could review the AMD K8 revision guide for cache and MCA/MCE
> issues. Please let us know what you find.

Hi Marc,

I just update coreboot from r5692 to r5814 and the problem resolved,
before update the code I have met three types of MCE error:
Data cache ECC error
L2 cache ECC error
Northbridge chipkill ECC error

I have not take a detailed look at the code differences yet, but I think
maybe it's related to the recent discussion of amd cache broken?

--
Regards,
Liu Tao