[coreboot] Fwd: [patch] tint payload update

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Sep 15 23:09:16 CEST 2010

Marc Jones wrote:
> > As for the build things, can we not get around stuffing all of that
> > into each payload?
>
> What do you mean? It seems to me that we want each payload
> responsible for building its own version of libpayload.

I hadn't thought of that! Do we? Interesting.

In a way it makes sense because different payloads need different
parts of libpayload. But thinking of it as a replacement for glibc or
at least crt0 then it isn't so nice to have more than one. This is
how I've always thought of it until now.

But ok, say we want local libpayload per payload, then I think we
should still try to simplify things.

Maybe provide a payload.inc Makefile stub in libpayload which the
payload Makefile simply includes after setting a variable name or
two?

That's a different patch(set) though. :)

Acked-by: Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>

//Peter