[coreboot] [patch] IEI Kino 780 AM2 mainboard

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Sep 11 20:43:38 CEST 2010

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> >> -	printk(BIOS_INFO, "Mainboard MAHOGANY Enable. dev=0x%p\n", dev);
> >> +	printk(BIOS_INFO, "Mainboard Kino Enable. dev=0x%p\n", dev);
..
> >>  struct chip_operations mainboard_ops = {
> >> -	CHIP_NAME("AMD MAHOGANY   Mainboard")
> >> -	.enable_dev = mahogany_enable,
> >> +	CHIP_NAME("IEI Kino-780AM2 Mainboard")
> >> +	.enable_dev = kino_enable,
> >>  };
> >
> > Could the mainboard enable function reuse the CHIP_NAME somehow, or
> > maybe both should just use CONFIG_MAINBOARD_PART_NUMBER ?
>
> I once had such a patch, but I think it was rejected for two reasons:
> - grepping is more difficult because you have to match in two stages

Maybe make more use of __func__ then.

> - building multi-mainboard images means CONFIG_MAINBOARD_PART_NUMBER
> is not really meaningful.

Maybe it should be set by the build system per mainboard?

I think we still some time left before multiboard images, but I also
think that the current coreboot infrastructure is a really great
starting point for it.

I guess it will use the same scheme as fallback at least initially,
with some method added for determining the current board, that means
building one image per board anyway.

//Peter