[coreboot] rfc - gcc builtins and memset memcpy memmove memcmp

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 19:54:12 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Scott Duplichan <scott at notabs.org> wrote:
> [...]

Oh, we should do that.

But, that doesn't really explain why gcc doesn't do a rep stos or rep
mov (which should hit the cache)/ That should be an easy optimization
for gcc. It also doesn't address why coreboot has a functions when we
could use gcc intrinsic that should be optimized for the architecture
they are built for.

Marc

--
http://se-eng.com