[coreboot] AMD cache setup is broken

Arne Georg Gleditsch arne.gleditsch at numascale.com
Sat Sep 11 13:05:03 CEST 2010

Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> writes:
> So, after all this, I think we still need the lzma change that Arne
> proposed. I have found that the videobios decompress is still slow,
> which is after the rom caching is disabled.

I thought the decompress itself needed to run from ROM for us to see
this.  What kind of video bios is this; is it embedded in the coreboot
image or is it hosted on an external video card?  I have a vague
recollection of there being a facility or hook that allowed option roms
to copy themselves from ROM to RAM, could that be involved here?

--
							Arne.