[coreboot] RFC: inteltool architecture not sufficient for Core i7/x58/ich10 motherboard I have

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Thu Sep 2 08:54:24 CEST 2010

I have a problem with inteltool. It's architecture is too limiting for
getting the PCIEXBAR and MCHBAR. The inteltool assumes that these
values will come from the Northbridge. However, on my setup, these
values reside in the CPU. I am looking for options. I see the
following two overly broad options to solve my problem:
1) Radically change the inteltool to support this info.
2) Program yet another tool.

I'm inclined to say that 1 is the better option. However, I don't have
good design in mind for inteltool. Does anyone have any ideas for how
to represent these differences in where the registers are found and if
they even exist.

Thanks,
wt