[coreboot] how to prevent legacy resource conflict with multiple VGA cards

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 03:51:55 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Scott Duplichan <scott at notabs.org> wrote:
> [...]

To disable the command register should be to set the device to off.

I think that you really want is the legacy video bit in the device and
bridge, VGA pallet snoop and VGA enable in the command register.  As
far as I know, this isn't something we have had to handle previously.
I think that the right way is to add a resource ( like IORESOURCE),
but I don't have any implementation ideas beyond that (like how to
mark a specific one as the VGA resource.) Maybe Myles or Stefan can
comment?

Marc

--
http://se-eng.com