[coreboot] [commit] r5966 - in trunk/src:cpu/amd/model_10xxx northbridge/amd/amdfam10

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Tue Oct 19 07:09:21 CEST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org [mailto:coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org] On Behalf Of Peter Stuge
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 11:55 PM
To: coreboot at coreboot.org
Subject: Re: [coreboot] [commit] r5966 - in trunk/src:cpu/amd/model_10xxx northbridge/amd/amdfam10

]repository service wrote:
]> Author: sduplichan
]> Date: Tue Oct 19 06:26:17 2010
]> New Revision: 5966
]>
]> Log:
]> When debug logging is enabled, a message such as '* AP 02 timed out:02010501'
]> is sometimes logged. The reason is that the AP first sets a completion value
]> such as 0x13, which is what function wait_cpu_state() is waiting for. Then a
]> short time later, the AP calls function init_fidvid_ap(). This function sets
]> a completion value of 01. When logging is off, wait_cpu_state is fast enough
]> to see the initial completion value for each of the APs. But with logging
]> enabled, one or more APs may go on to complete function init_fidvid_ap, which
]> sets the completion value to 01. While mostly harmless, the timeout does
]> increase boot time. This patch eliminates the timeout by making function
]> wait_cpu_state recognize 01 as an additional valid AP completion value.
]>
]> Signed-off-by: Scott Duplichan <scott at notabs.org>
]> Acked-by: Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>
]>
]> Modified:
]>    trunk/src/cpu/amd/model_10xxx/fidvid.c
]>    trunk/src/cpu/amd/model_10xxx/init_cpus.c
]>    trunk/src/northbridge/amd/amdfam10/amdfam10.h
]
]Oops.. Not the same change as the patch.. Was it something about line
]endings?

OMG, you're right. Hopefully it is fixed now. For those who don't know,
I am running windows, and sometimes spend more time fighting tab and
end of line style problems than I do on actual work.

For one thing, I need to start attaching patches to emails in addition
to inlining them because microsoft immediatley removes the tabs. In
addition, I now know I have to watch the end of line style and now rely
on the tools to handle it.

By the way, that is what the domain name notabs refers to. Tabs are such
a problem for software development in the windows world that many groups
enforce a notabs policy. But even this takes constant policing to work.

Thanks,
Scott

]
]