[coreboot] pci resource allocation overlaps config_mmconf_base_address

Arne Georg Gleditsch arne.gleditsch at numascale.com
Mon Oct 18 14:48:25 CEST 2010

Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> writes:
> Please can you help here? Also I tried to have a look how the non-posted support
> could be added but it looks like it must be done somewhat inside the resource
> allocator. Please can you help with that too? Basically we would need to put
> some MMIO resources which have non-posted attribute set in resource (this must
> be done) to be allocated somewhat together so only one MMIO resource would be
> needed (and we need to modify the northbridge.c of K8 to set the non-posted bit)

On a similar note: I'm looking at a southbridge that has its own notion
of what constitutes TOP_OF_DRAM.  Apparently, the IOMMU aperture needs
to be below this boundary, or DMA transactions towards the aperture are
terminated with master abort.  From the CPU's side, though, the IOMMU
aperture should be above TOP_OF_MEM, in order to avoid wasting the DRAM
behind it, no?  So, as well as being able to allocate posted and
non-posted memory resources in separate hunks: in this instance it would
be good to be able to allocate the GART aperture in a third hunk that
was placed below the other two, so that the SB TOM register could be
programmed to include it when needed.

Is this feasible, or should I approach this from a different angle?

--
							Arne.