[coreboot] an AMD based platform

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Sun Oct 3 16:34:54 CEST 2010

]If I were you, I would research the socket AM3 boards like the following:
]amd/tilapia_fam10
]asus/m4a785-m
]gigabyte/ma785gmt
]
]You might also find something useful in the socket AM2 boards:
]amd/mahogany
]amd/mahogany_fam10
]amd/pistachio
]asus/m2v-mx_se
]gigabyte/ga_2761gxdk
]gigabyte/m57sli
]gigabyte/ma78gm
]iei/kino-780am2-fam10
]jetway/pa78vm5
]msi/ms7260

There are good choices. A bonus of choosing an AMD RS780/SB700 system
is that you can use AMD simnow to debug. For learning coreboot, I chose
ECS A780GM-M3. This board can boot both family 0Fh and family 10h
processors. For coreboot work I am using only the newer family 10h
processor. I based the coreboot port on mahogany_fam10.

Thanks,
Scott

]BTW, I found the socket AM3 boards with the following command in the
]root of my coreboot working copy:
]$ for d in $(for f in $(rgrep -l AM3 src/mainboard/); do dirname $f;
]done); do echo ${d##src/mainboard/}; done | sort -u
]
]Thanks,
]wt