[coreboot] [RFC]Static testing of our tree

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Fri Nov 12 18:12:45 CET 2010

Am 08.11.2010 15:44, schrieb Peter Stuge:
> Patrick Georgi wrote:
>> I propose to store this script (and similar ones) somewhere under
>> util/, and hook them up in the Makefile ("make lint"?) and in the
>> autobuilder (qa.coreboot.org), and have that report failure if they
>> return any output.
>
> How long does it take to run?
I committed it for now, but sed on coreboot.org doesn't seem to like the
sed script. It's about 30 seconds on my mingw install, I think. I'd
expect it to be slightly faster on Linux due to it being I/O bound (and
Windows doesn't cache and preload as aggressively as Linux).

> As soon as there are no more warnings I think it should be in the
> commit hook.
Not sure if it really belongs in the commit hook - the problem is that
it blocks the commit, and already takes a while now. No need to make it
even slower.

Patrick