[coreboot] Recent GPXE as native coreboot payload?

Andree Jacobson andree at newmexicoconsortium.org
Fri Nov 12 00:19:09 CET 2010

 Hi,

  I've managed to get Coreboot working with the Seabios and gPXE
rom-o-matic payload, and I guess I can be happy with that for the
moment. However, I also have an interest in getting gPXE be the only
payload, like Chris Kilgour did with coreboot-0.9.3. I've gone through
his setup according to http://whiterocker.com/gpxe/, and it does work
partly for my purposes. However, if I'm going to start hacking away on
this I figured I might as well understand the complications that are
referred to on the payload page:

"The new GPXE is not yet supported directly, various code changes are
required before it can work as a coreboot payload. "

I guess I'm curious if anyone is actively working on this (since the
last update on the GPXE page was late '09), and if so would be willing
to share ideas with me on how to properly proceed.

Thanks,
  Andree