[coreboot] Questions about more AMD related flags

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Fri Nov 5 20:11:28 CET 2010

Hi,

while I opened that can of worms over with QRANK_DIMM_SUPPORT, and
people are listening ;-), let me widen the debate some more:

SET_NB_CFG_54:
1. It's used in two places (dualcore and quadcore AMD code)
2. There, it's set active if undeclared before
3. All other declarations set this active

Any reason to keep this variable at all? If yes, I'll move it to
Kconfig, otherwise I'll just drop it.

and
SET_FIDVID*:
These have _very_ weird behaviour, being set to some defaults in the two
init_cpus.c (and fidvid.c seems to expect to be included after that
one?), and some other settings somewhere else.
I tried to untangle that while moving to Kconfig, but didn't quite
succeed, so is here anyone who knows which defaults (or dependencies)
are correct for each of the following? So far I have:

For K8:
+config SET_FIDVID
+       bool
+       default y if K8_REV_F_SUPPORT
+       default n
+
+config SET_FIDVID_CORE0_ONLY
+       bool
+       default y
+       depends on SET_FIDVID
+
+config SET_FIDVID_CORE_RANGE
+       bool
+       default n
+       depends on SET_FIDVID
+
+config SET_FIDVID_ONE_BY_ONE
+       bool
+       default y
+       depends on SET_FIDVID
+
+config SET_FIDVID_DEBUG
+       bool
+       default n
+       depends on SET_FIDVID
+
+config SET_FIDVID_STORE_AP_APICID_AT_FIRST
+       bool
+       default y
+       depends on SET_FIDVID

For Fam10h:
+config SET_FIDVID
+       bool
+       default y
+
+config SET_FIDVID_CORE0_ONLY
+       bool
+       default n
+       depends on SET_FIDVID
+
+config SET_FIDVID_CORE_RANGE
+       bool
+       default n
+       depends on SET_FIDVID
+
+config SET_FIDVID_DEBUG
+       bool
+       default y
+       depends on SET_FIDVID
+
+config SET_FIDVID_STORE_AP_APICID_AT_FIRST
+       bool
+       default y
+       depends on SET_FIDVID

Corrections welcome