[coreboot] MCP55 Mac Address copying/change

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Fri Nov 5 17:40:04 CET 2010

Am 05.11.2010 17:27, schrieb Marc Jones:
> It seems like a Kconfig option would be a good idea. It can alway
> default to a reasonable value. Another idea I have seen floating
> around is to have the value stored in cbfs. Then it could be updated
> post coreboot build.
Not sure, but don't some chipsets handle MAC addresses via the romstrap
area? If so, kconfig might be a better place (for all boards), so the
MAC can be compiled into the romstrap as part of the build process.

The only question is the format the MAC should be in.
The Makefile could rewrite 1:23:45:67:89:ab to a set of #defines (MAC1,
.., MAC6 with a byte each?), so whatever the romstrap format for MAC
addresses is could be modelled in code.

Patrick