[coreboot] Compaq Presario CQ50-115NR Notebook PC

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Nov 3 10:36:36 CET 2010

Monte Cabet wrote:
> -[0000:00]-+-00.0  nVidia Corporation MCP78S [GeForce 8200] Memory Controller [10de:0754]
..
> The question is if I can flash my BIOS and replace it with
> coreboot? Or is coreboot not mature enough to handle laptops and
> my mileage may vary?

coreboot currently supports a few laptops based on the i945 chipset,
but unfortunately not yours.

NVIDIA chipsets are the least likely to ever be supported by coreboot
because NVIDIA doesn't release the required documentation.

flashrom may still work on your laptop, independently of coreboot.

//Peter