[coreboot] RCA IP1150

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Sat May 29 21:24:24 CEST 2010

On 05/29/2010 02:54 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:37 PM, ron minnich<rminnich at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I should mention that in parallel universe I work in there's lots of
>> weird things going on with gcc. It's a nightmare, highly threaded
>> program that blows up with gcc 4.4 ... so we're not alone.
>>
>> ron
>>

> Hello!
> I see your point, Ron. I do indeed. However I did some final analysis
> on the output that I can either post here, on the Coreboot list if
> you're curious, or not and directly to Joe, the explosion of
> complaints happens on my Slackware 12.1 system, simply because that
> system is running a later version of the PCI libraries.  And the
> program builds properly on the other one running Slackware 11.0
> because the PCI libraries are older. I am referring to libpci.a here.
> According to the lists of installed things, its 2.2.10 for the 12.1
> system.
>
> To be honest I really don't know why this is happening:
> root at jimkirk2:/usr/src/lobos/stb/trunk/ip1000_tvout# make
> gcc -O2 -g -Wall   -c -o main.o main.c
> gcc -O2 -g -Wall   -c -o gmch.o gmch.c
> gcc -O2 -g -Wall   -c -o i2c.o i2c.c
> gcc -O2 -g -Wall   -c -o cx2587x.o cx2587x.c
> gcc -O2 -g -Wall   -c -o i830_video.o i830_video.c
> gcc -O2 -g -Wall   -c -o video_modes.o video_modes.c
> gcc -o ip1000-tvout main.o gmch.o i2c.o cx2587x.o i830_video.o video_modes.o -lp
> ci
> /usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.2.3/../../../libpci.a(names.o): In function
> `pci_load_name_list':
> names.c:(.text+0x46b): undefined reference to `gzopen'
> names.c:(.text+0x4f3): undefined reference to `gzgets'
> names.c:(.text+0x54a): undefined reference to `gzeof'
> names.c:(.text+0x612): undefined reference to `gzclose'
> names.c:(.text+0x783): undefined reference to `gzclose'
> names.c:(.text+0x975): undefined reference to `gzerror'
> names.c:(.text+0x992): undefined reference to `gzclose'
> names.c:(.text+0xa27): undefined reference to `gzopen'
> names.c:(.text+0xaa0): undefined reference to `zError'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [ip1000-tvout] Error 1
>
> And not on the Slackware 11.0 system. It is running the 2.2.3 release.
> This is why Joe I asked earlier whose distribution you chose and what
> not. For all I know the code in question may have been written not by
> you, but by that fellow who discovered how to make TV out work on that
> board. There's an excellent write up on www.settoplinux.org that goes
> into details leading up to the code, and then the location where it
> lives.
>
> Depending on when I get the hardware here, it might be one, the one I
> asked you about earlier even, or the regular participant, the IP1000
> one, we'll be able to resolve this sooner.

Hello Gregg,
We used Fedora and Debian to develop the software. Maybe it needs an
update, I haven't tried to build it in a while. There was a
collaboration of people who figured it out (see README) but one person
that actually wrote the code. By the time you get your box I may already
have tv-out working at boot (in coreboot 99% there) so this program
would only be needed to make adjustments if desired. Hope that helps.

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith