[coreboot] Geode db800 vs Wyse S50

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue May 25 14:32:16 CEST 2010

Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> Also not having a GX VSA is kinda really off-putting; it basically
> means I can't use corebios on this thing yet?

Note coreboot, not corebios. coreboot isn't a BIOS. SeaBIOS can be
used with coreboot to get a BIOS.

You can do some things also without VSA. VSA is used to create
virtual PCI devices for among other things sound and graphics.
However, a native graphics driver such as the one in libpayload or
xf86-video-geode may not need VSA to drive the graphics hardware.

Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> I wonder where the flash is located at, in the bios chip, or if
> it's an IDE devices 'flash' thing.

CS553x connects to either IDE or NAND and provides an IDE style
programming interface to the software.

//Peter