[coreboot] Geode db800 vs Wyse S50

Nils njacobs8 at hetnet.nl
Mon May 24 22:36:19 CEST 2010

Hi Oliver,

Oliver wrote:
>I just found http://www.coreboot.org/AMD_Geode_Porting_Guide over on
>the wiki and was wondering if that was maybe slighlty outdated or not
>needed for a Wyse S10? The S10 uses similar hardware as the S50.
The wiki page is a little outdated.
>Actually the only difference is that the S50 has 128kb onboard flash,
>so minor difference.
Are you sure ?
Joseph reported that his S30 uses a cs5535 insted of the cs5536 on the
S50.
>E.g. If i just build for the S50 in make >menuconfig; I won't need to
read that page right? Also it mentions >padding etc on the VSA bin; I
take it make menuconfig takes care of >that as well now?
Yes,Coreboot is using Kconfig now and doesn`t need a manual adding and
padding of the VSA.
Only problem is, it seems there is no GX2 VSA on the internet available.
I don`t want to discourage you, but there is still a bug in the oprom
VSA loading introduced in rev5543 that affects Geodes GX2 and LX.
(VSA loading crashes)

Greetings,Nils.