[coreboot] Indtast Bcc Wyse S10 and coreboot

Anders Jenbo anders at jenbo.dk
Thu May 20 21:48:54 CEST 2010

Heres a few lines to test erase and restore every thing.

sudo flashrom -r S10.rom
sudo rm ignoreme.txt
sudo flashrom -E -V > flashrom-erase-SST49LF016C.txt
sudo flashrom -w S10.rom

But i think there might actually be more to testing erase, then just
erasing via the normal flashrom.

Take a full picture of the board and note posible revision numbers.

Try compiling the S50 code and flash the content to your bios. It seams
that there is no com port so you will need a USB debug device if you
want to debug the boot process.

If it doesn't work then all you have to do is boot up another S10, pull
out it's bios (while the system is on), plug in the bad bios, and flash
your S10.rom image to it, and then place one of them in the other board.

if your rom looks like this
http://www.flashrom.org/images/thumb/8/85/Plcc32_in_socket.jpg/180px-Plcc32_in_socket.jpg
then it is recomented to glue push pins on top of them, to pull them out
with out issues, using super glue. Like this
http://www.flashrom.org/images/thumb/b/b8/Pushpin_roms_2.jpg/800px-Pushpin_roms_2.jpg
It is still posible to break off the push pin if you can't fit it in the
small computer when you are done.

-Anders