[coreboot] mkelfImage & newer kernels

Troy Telford ttelford.groups at gmail.com
Sun May 16 00:26:03 CEST 2010

On Saturday, May 15, 2010 03:57:52 pm Peter Stuge wrote:
> Troy Telford wrote:
> > Any help!?
>
> 2.6.30 introduced more sections in vmlinux that mkelfImage didn't
> deal with.
>
> Yinghai sent a patch, which was committed to mkelfImage trunk. See if
> it works for you. svn://coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk/util/mkelfImage
>
> http://www.coreboot.org/Mkelfimage

I'm aware of the patch; in fact, I was hoping that it would solve the problem.

I downloaded the svn tree, built mkelfImage, and then tested it.

Unfortunately, when I ran:

../mkelfImage vmlinuz-2.6.32.12-0.6-default --initrd=initrd-2.6.32.12-0.6-
default newtest.ebi

and then kexec it, the system immediately reboots.  So it seems that more
needs to be done.  I _wish_ I knew how to do it, but it's well above my
current skill level.