[coreboot] License changes

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coresystems.de
Fri May 14 19:25:51 CEST 2010

On 5/14/10 7:17 PM, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:48:07AM +0200, repository service wrote:
>
>> Author: stepan
>> Date: Fri May 14 11:48:05 2010
>> New Revision: 5545
>>
>> Log:
>> license header fixes
>>
> Please don't do this kind of change to any code other than trivial stuff
> like one-liner Kconfig files. I for one license all my code
> intentionally under "GPLv2-or-later" and I don't want that changed to
> "GPLv2-only".

Oh, it said that the license choice was at my option. Sorry for that.
Maybe the header should clarify whose option is meant, then.

I think we should make clear which license we assign to the code. Having
code in our tree which is licensed by anyone else's choice (i.e. not the
authors of coreboot) is a legal concern. Since the complete project is
v2 only, the headers should reflect this. That does of course not take
your freedom to release the code under v2 or later, should anyone ask
you or grab your patches from the list.

Besides, most Kconfig scripts (which we are talking about here) are
trivial few-liners indeed.

Stefan