[coreboot] H8QME-2+ boot problems on different machines.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed May 5 16:27:58 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Knut Kujat <knuku at gap.upv.es> wrote:

> - I now know that my resource map must be some kind of faulty. But why
> does it work on one CPU and doesn't on another, complete identical, one?

It's not about the CPU, it is more about how the mainboard is wired
up. And, it is not surprising that it might be wired differently
on two mainboards with identical part #s. Supermicro does this type of
change frequently. You would really need to boot the factory
bios and dump the config registers on all cpus to see if they
mainboard has changed somehow.

> - How do i manage to correct my resource map? Or how do I create a good
> resource map?

dump the factory bios.

> - Since it seems to boot fine without resource map. Do I really need one?

you really need one.

> - And the last one, If I don't setup the res. map, who does it?

nobody.

ron