[coreboot] ICH HPET

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Mar 17 18:43:26 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:23:16PM -0400, Joseph Smith wrote:
> FYI, The HPET code in i82801ex, does absolutely nothing. It reads
> the reg and configs it but does not write it back to the reg.......

That should be fixed, yes.

> And ICH 0-4 does not support HPET and should be removed from code....

Not quite, ICH3 and ICH4 do have HPET, just undocumented by Intel.
There's been kernel support to force-enable it since 2007 which
obviously works fine and has been tested by various people since then.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=158ad3260ba3b006e3c6dfad05298e9d7889c5b1

So I think we should keep the ICH3/4 code around (ICH0-ICH2 can be safely
dropped I guess).

Uwe.
--
http://www.hermann-uwe.de  | http://www.randomprojects.org